[WikiEN-l] Is this right?

Cyberjunkie swatso at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 4 11:07:47 UTC 2005

Hear, hear!

--en:Cyberjunkie

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimmy Wales [mailto:jwales at wikia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 3 August 2005 9:26 PM
To: Skyring; English Wikipedia
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is this right?

Skyring wrote:
> I just took a look at [[George VI of the United Kingdom]], which has
> been protected by jtdirl, citing persistent vandalism. jtdirl is a
> participant on the lame edit war running on this and similar pages,
> and has naturally protected it in his preferred version.

An anonymous ip number vandalized the page repeatedly and the vandalism
has been reverted repeatedly by a few different people.  Eventually,
jtdirl protected the page.

This is so routine and boring that I can only interpret this email as
yet another instance of you harassing jtdirl -- you've already been in
trouble for this in the past -- doing it on the mailng list isn't likely
to be given any sympathy.

--Jimbo