[WikiEN-l] Re: Zero0000 has blocked Lance6Wins....apparentlycontray to Block

Harry Smith lance6wins at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 14:23:45 UTC 2004

--- JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> And yet, when an admin who has made extremely
> valuable contributions to the
> project appears to step over the line in a fairly
> mild way, the immediate
> response *from the top* is that this person should
> be de-sysopped.
<snip>
> from POV warriors and ad hominem abusers is so great
> Jay.

Jay,

Admin privileges are a trust.  they require a high
level of maturity in order to refrain from using those
privileges to enforce one's own view upon a
section/article in Wikipedia.  Abusing that trust,
even once, indicates a lapse in that maturity, a
failure to place the policies of Wikipedia above ones
own desires.

Zero0000 is the worst ad hominem abusers that I have
come into contact with at Wikipedia.  Virtually
everyon e else is willing to discuss an edit to one
extent or another.  Zero0000 quickly went to "go
away", "ban him", "i will ban you" as his only
communication with Lance6Wins.  He maintained that
position over an extended period of time. That is
unacceptable behavior in any admin.

Lance6Wins