[WikiEN-l] Deletion for its own sake

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:19:45 UTC 2004

>From: Mark Richards <marich712000 at yahoo.com>
>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>Subject: [WikiEN-l] Deletion for its own sake
>Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
>  > On 24 Sep 2004, at 18:30, JAY JG wrote:
> >
> > > If one can massively re-write any article under
> > VfD and then claim
> > > that all previous votes are void, it makes a
> > mockery of the VfD
> > > process.
>
>The only way that this makes sense is if the aim is
>deletion for its own sake, rather than improvement of
>content.
>Mark

The VfD article in question was a POV fork of another article; after
unsuccessfully substituting his own text several times for the content of
the original article, the author "solved" the problem by creating a new
article with the POV information he preferred.  It's not the first time I've
seen this kind of "if you don't agree with me I'm going to take my toys and
play elsewhere" kind of behaviour on Wikipedia, and in my view this kind of
article should indeed be simply deleted/re-directed back to the original,
and any valid content put into the original article using the usual process.

The other issue with the VfD article was that the title itself was
inherently POV.

Jay.

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
first two months FREE*.