[WikiEN-l] Re: Node and Toki Pona

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 05:51:26 UTC 2004

Phil Sandifer a écrit:
> My two cents -
>
> What node did was stupid and immature, and he should have known that
> blanking an entire encyclopedia was not the way to offer his concerns.
> He should have posted to the list, on meta, or somewhere else that he
> thought the entire encyclopedia might be copyvio. It could have been
> discussed, and bot rollbacks wouldn't have been necessary.
>
> As node has, to say the least, been a source of difficulty and
> disruption in the past, I can see why there's a significant movement to
> throw the book at him.
>
> My feeling is that a project-wide ban is a very, very big step, though,
> and should be reserved. I think node is pretty clearly on warning here,
> and that further displays of such immaturity will pretty much not be
> tolerated by anyone.
>
> -Snowspinner

I strongly agree with snowspinner on this.

Node certainly needs a strong warning (which should include a temporary
block of course), he needs to discuss with people on this, but that does
not justify imho, a ban on all projects.

I think blocking someone on all projects requires either
* approval from all projects (or at least most... )
* or an offense much bigger than this one.

This does not mean I do not consider what he did was not bad, but that
such a project-wide decision does not scale the fault.
A project wide banning should only be made for an offense damaging the
whole project. This was not the case.

anthere