[WikiEN-l] Why Academics are Useful to Wikipedia

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Mon Sep 13 15:17:09 UTC 2004

On 13 Sep 2004, at 15:47, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 02:06:08 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com>
>
> We need a way to select content for the print/stable version and to
> make sure
> that that content is good quality and can be trusted.
>
> -- mav

Yes we do.

But as I've explained here:

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-September/030521.html

we do ''not'' need to give any preference to "experts" (ie. people who
can demonstrate prior achievement) to make that happen.
We ''can'' build a review club in the best Wikipedia spirit and it will
work for the same reasons that Wikipedia works.

-- Jens