[WikiEN-l] RK's paranoia

J.F. de Wolff jfdwolff at doctors.org.uk
Wed Sep 8 18:14:29 UTC 2004

In one day, I've been called dishonest, a fundamentalist and a censor by
Robert, and dishonest and a censor by an antisemitic vandal who decided to
change my userpage. For some reason I've stuck my arm in the crate with
velociraptors, haven't I?

I have stated my real concern with Robert's "critical historical" quotes in
my original post to this list. However, Robert is in fact turning my views
inside out. I do *not* want to eliminate or suppress historical
interpretations, but I'm annoyed that Robert doens't research the
traditional (or Haredi, if you want) take on things. I cannot stand by idly
to see him overwhelm Judaism-related articles with critical-historical
material without making serious mention of the traditional interpretations
(which are not all too hard to find in English-language literature). On
[[Talk:Maimonides]] I asked Robert to reproduce a particular quotation from
the scholar Ibn Tibbon, something that Robert refused to do despite having
photocopies of the article from which the quote could be taken. This would
have immediately settled the argument from my point-of-view; it was the
hinge around which the debate was raging with [[User:Jayjg]],
[[User:Danny]], RK and myself.
I truly regret not being able to offer alternatives whenever Robert gives
his treatment to a page. Frankly, my time is limited, and I prefer to work
on medical articles, especially when every attempt to work on Judaism
articles leads to edit wars with Robert.

My rant on [[Talk:Artscroll]] on Jewish unity was aimed at Robert's
persistent attempts to insert the most base of allegations about an
(Ultra-)Orthodox Jewish publisher into Wikipedia. Robert may not like their
religious publications, but this random repeating of conspiracy theories
from internet mailing lists is not conducive to any Wikipedia article.

I regret Robert fails to get my point. As he mentions, we have worked very
constructively in the past, and it is my solemn intention to keep doing
this. Sometimes, however, the discussion reaches boiling point, and the
postings become nasty.
I call upon Robert to heed Jimbo's posting and end this discussion. The
mailing list is not the right forum to complain about other users. For this
purpose we have RfC, RfM and RFAr. Robert must also be aware of Danny's
hard work on behalf on Wikimedia projects, and the fact that any attack on
him will likely meet with resistance.

-- Jfdwolff

    jfdwolff at doctors.org.uk