[WikiEN-l] 'Michael' unbanned

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Sep 3 14:41:29 UTC 2004

As an experiment, I am going to unban Michael and place him under the
mentorship of Danny and Guanaco, who will watch after him.  He will
edit only under his new [[Mike Garcia]] account, and promises to make
only good edits.

I ask all other sysops and users to give him a try, and try to welcome
him into the community.  I would like to ask those who have been
directly involved with dealing with his constant problem edits to
please just steer clear of him for awhile, and let Danny and Guanaco
or others try to mediate and deal with him.

Essentially, banning hasn't worked very well, because he's a
persistent problem.  Blocking him has been problematic because he
comes in on an AOL proxy, which blocks lots of other people.

This is a unique situation, and it warrants a unique experiment, and
we have people (Danny in particular) who have taken the lead in
volunteering to try something new.

--Jimbo