[WikiEN-l] more Israelis killed than Palestinians (was: Articles like "Violence against Israelis")

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Sep 2 13:17:58 UTC 2004

If any Wikipedia article says that more Israelis have been killed in the
nationalistic violence of the last decade, then this should be corrected
immediately. The correct proportion is closer to 500 Israelis & 2,000
Palestinian Arabs. This ratio of 1:4 is off the top of my head and may
well be even higher.

Any articles which list victims by name, or group them by incident,
should be careful not to give the impression that the *numbers listed*
are representative of the *total numbers*.

I request that someone familiar with these articles go through them and
check them thoroughly for both these points, correct them necessary, and
report back to the list.

Ed Poor