[WikiEN-l] Use of noncommercial-only images

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Apr 14 01:32:36 UTC 2004

The article [[Hinduism]] presently uses several "for noncommercial use
only" images.

We had agreed a while ago that we don't want to allow such images. In the
time since, people have tagged all these images with
{{msg:noncommercial}}. Most of them are still in use. It would now be easy
to locate and remove them all.

However, I certainly don't want to get into an edit war about that,
especially when some people continue to insist that such images should be
allowed.

So we need to make this policy official ASAP. An official pronouncement
from Jimbo would be the most effective, failing that, we should hold a
vote (English only, I guess) on whether to allow such images.

Regards,

Erik