[WikiEN-l] Fate of VFD: A humble suggestion incorporatingmanyothers.

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Fri Nov 7 10:28:09 UTC 2003

Ok, that suggestion: Sort by what the problem is.
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup]] -- lists the others, will probably be the misc dropoff
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup/copyvio]] -- It's a possible copyvio.
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup/foreign]] -- It's in a foreign language.
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup/short]] -- It's not even a full paragraph.
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup/rename]] -- The name is unworkable, and a better name is
unknown or disputed.
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup/odd]] -- Material seems idiosyncratic or unverifiable.
[[Wikipedia:Cleanup/pov]] -- Such a POV rant, some would call it unfixable.

And last:
[[Wikipedia:Votes for deletion]] -- Where an article goes if: 1. It's spent
at least n (2 or 3) days on a Cleanup page, 2. At least three people have
said "Delete" on said page, and 3. It hasn't changed significantly since
those delete votes.

On VFD, it is listed for 5 days. If >= 75% have voted to delete at the end
of that time, it goes.

Now, exactly what Cleanup looks like may need some work yet... the main
reason I propose making things subpages of that is that it just seems the
simplest name. Anyway, I don't much like day pages.
Just thoughts on the matter...

-- Jake