[WikiEN-l] Ban on User:Viking?

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 31 17:55:14 UTC 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

> Please see [[User talk:Viking/ban]]

This page has just been deleted by [[User:Kils]], who is a sysop. He also
deleted [[User:Viking]] shortly afterwards. His explanations in the
comment box for both deletions were: "project of my children - deleted
after threats".

> User:Viking has been nominated for a ban by Mbecker, seconded by
> Wapcaplet, thirded by me, fourthed by Dante, fifthed by CGS. No
> opposition at the time of writing (except from Viking).

> Actions include censorship of sex-related pages; totally false claims
> that he was a sysop, to intimidate users and make them stop
> criticising him; suggesting that the reason someone wanted to know
> the identity of his sysop account was so that they could hurt his
> children, and so on. General unpleasantness.

What evidence can you present that Viking's claims of sysop status were
false?

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |