[WikiEN-l] User:Harry Potter

Peter Bartlett pcb21 at btconnect.com
Sat May 31 13:22:17 UTC 2003

> I never heard of Mornington Crescent, so that allusion is obscure to
me.

Yes sorry that probably won't help if you are not from the UK. There is
an article about it if you are interested in knowing more.

> It would seem hard to define NPOV in an absurdist context where
>empirical sense does not have a significant role to start with.  It may

>be sufficient to offer a warning to those readers inclined to take the
>subject seriously that what follows is parody, and that if they are
>seriously looking for medical help they should consult a psychiatrist.

Ok, if we can write this in a way so that it conforms to encyclopaedic
standards and so we cover pataphysics on the 'pedia then great. It
doesn't help when Harry Potter keeps reverting back to nonsense all the
time.

>The copyright issue may not matter because of the anti-copyright stand.

> If the pataphysicians (or pataphyphysicists?) have left the impression

>that they are releasing their own writings into the public domain, so
be
>it.  What they really are doing should be carefully checked.

Fine, then the person copying this work should make this clear in the
talk page. They shouldn't just submit work as if it was their own.
Things in the public domain should be credited too.

>>One example is the page
>>[[Anthony_Hancock_Paintings_and_Sculptures:_A_Retrospective_Exhibition
]]
>>.
>>NB Anthony Hancock is a character in the film The Rebel played by,
>>perhaps confusingly, Tony Hancock. Knowing that Anthony Hancock is/was
>>not a real person makes it easier to understand why this article is
>>rubbish.
>>

>Tony Hancock WAS a real person!!!  His radio comedy ranks right up
there
>with "The Goon Show" and "Monty Python".  Whether the "The Rebel" or
the
>retrospective are accurate representations of Hancock, or parodies is
>quite another question.  When absurdists think outside the box they
also
>abandon the safety of keeping the box in view.

Yes I am quite aware that TONY Hancock was a real person and am quite
aware of his pedigree. /HE/ played a character called ANTHONY ALOYSUS
Hancock in the film The Rebel! I wrote this in the paragraph you are
responding to!!! It may be worthwhile to read a film review or two of
The Rebel, or one of the bios TONY Hancock; it helps you to release what
a sorry web HP is weaving on our encyclopedia.

>[[Votes for Deletion]] may simply be the wrong place for the
discussion.
> There is absolutely nothing on the talk page for [[Pataphysics]].

It has already been moved. However HP's trail of destruction lies across
lots of pages, see his User Contributions. I had hoped that VfD would be
a very visible place to so I could get some help in undoing the damage
he is doing.

Pete
Pcb21