[WikiEN-l] Advertising for website by anonymous user 24.132.158.131

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Sat May 31 01:35:36 UTC 2003

rednblack at alum.mit.edu wrote:
> This is essentially an effort to advertise for a (mediocre) website. I think
> this is a bad idea, and we should discourage it, and maybe make some formal
> proviso against it.

I agree.  I'm not sure we need a formal proviso, but yeah, advertising
in a bunch of semi-relevant articles is bad form.

> The user has contributed what appears at first glance to be some good content
> ([[Chubby culture]]), but at second glance it's just the [[Bear community]]
> article s///d into an article on chubbies. Dunno what to think of that, but
> anyway..

I have no strong opinion about this, knowing next to nothing about
these subcultures.  :-) If there is an entry on boring
upper-middle-class dads, I'll be the go-to guy.  :-)

--Jimbo