[WikiEN-l] A request from H. Jonat

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Wed May 28 22:39:29 UTC 2003

At 03:31 PM 5/28/2003, you wrote:

>--- james duffy <jtdirl at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Zoe wrote
> > >I really think that the mailing list pages should be
> > >blocked from search engines.
> >
> > I agree. People need to be able to discuss matters openly and
> > frankly.
>
>I disagree. Having a track record is important. People in 5 years
>will need the records to see what we did and why we did it. It might
>cut down the flame-wars.

What about archiving the mailing list locally, but not having that
available to crawlers so that it's hidden from Google and Yahoo! and such?
That way there would be a record, but people would have to come to the
Wikipedia to see it.

-----

Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321