[WikiEN-l] French monarchs and other unsavory characters

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Wed May 28 03:29:02 UTC 2003

Sending again, sent from the wrong address before:

OK, I've been going through the gory details over at List of French
monarchs and Clovis I (the talk pages). It seems to me that whatever the
case may be, Triton is being deliberately confrontational... and not in a
good way. He is consistently abusive and uses language that I believe is
designed to worsen, not better, the situation. A few choice examples:

We now have someone calling themselves Slrubenstein reverting my facts. Why
is this vandalism going on?

To the User logged in calling himself Tannin - refrain from accusations
unless you have proof.

And by the way, Ms. Kemp, don't even infer plagiarism, you are far from
qualified in law

Don't you think it a bit childish, besides dishonest, to insert "Belgium"
after deleting Toxandria. Or did you not study any of this but decided to
hide it from others?

Act like an adult, behave like the professional you claim to be, and please
correct your improper deletions. And, I will indeed ask Jimbo Wales to look
at your deletions, assertions and derogatory remarks about other erstwhile
contributors to his website

you have deleted facts straight from the James book which you obviously
never read. I shall reverse your attempts to distort and cover up.

As an aside, Ms. Kemp intimidated some of these people who either now say
nothing or have left.

*****
In my opinion, this is not the language of a person who is seriously
engaged in a scholarly dispute in an attempt to arrive at factual
conclusions. It has been my experience that ad hominem attacks are
typically made by people who do not have a logical or reasonable argument
to make. I suggest that someone please look into this matter seriously.

Please note that I know very little about French monarchy, I'm dealing here
with what I see as an abusive user, whether or not his idea(s) about French
monarchy are valid.

-----

Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321