[WikiEN-l] Triton or whoever he is -- and Helga's request

Julie Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 01:24:36 UTC 2003

Is there any way one of the folks who know how to do these things can
check and see if Triton is Elliot (not banned, I don't think, but
possibly an earlier version of DW) or in fact DW?  The arguments are the
same, and the picture uploads are, too, I think.  I am not trying to
spread false accusations; however, several wikipedians have noted the
similarities on my page and elsewhere.  I'd also like to thank everyone
who has stepped in and tried to tone things down.  His nastiness towards
me hasn't stopped (although I note that now, rather than having accused
him of being obtuse, etc., he now claims I accused someone else of that
and it drove that user off.  Frankly, at this point, I'm not sure who
said what, there is so much that is unsigned.

As for Helga, I know exactly how she feels.  Could we somehow replace
her name with something like User X?  I only ask because the arguments
she was involved in often include really good examples of methodology
and how wikipedians try to reach consensus.  Otherwise, unless anyone
else feels it's integral to the project, I suppose there would be no
harm and might help to maintain goodwill.  If people are worried about
the future, there could always be an archived copy.

Julie