[WikiEN-l] User Michael and ways to deal with him

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 26 17:46:21 UTC 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Anthere wrote:

> Hum..."reverting" on sight is one thing. Anyone really
> wishing to work on one of his article can go dig it
> up.
>
> However, "deleting" on sight is another matter. Would
> you (that is a plural you, not you specifically
> Tannin) consider please, blanking his articles instead
> of deleting them. Then, either list the blanked
> articles on the vfd in case anyone would wish to work
> on them, or let them blank (which would make them
> appear next time the "short pages" is working again).
>
> I think it is more respectful to do this way. And
> blanking them hardly take more time than reverting
> other articles with history. Plus, blanking them is an
> action everybody wishing to help 'yous' can do, while
> deletion on sight is necessarily a unilateral decision
> from a sysop.

That sounds sensible to me. I think it's best if we stick with reversible
actions, so that if anyone is interested they can go back through the
article histories to see if anything can be salvaged, after Michael has
gone.

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |