[WikiEN-l] Jacques Delson and Helga-ism

Julie Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 03:41:57 UTC 2003

HI all - I've come out of lurk mode for a bit.  As some of you may have
noticed, there's a bit of French nationalist (no offense to Anthere or
any other sensible contributor meant) irredentism on the site - has been
for a while.  There have been issues on Clovis I (someone put up a coin
with a portrait of Clovis that said, "Clovis Ier, Roy de  France" as
proof that this 5th century Frank was a king of France.  Trouble is,
heading in a language (reasonable modern French) is one of a couple
proofs that the coin was much later - proof that the French consider
Clovis a French king, but not proof that he  *was*.  Lots of arguments
on the talk pages - similar to those on the list of French Monarchs.
Every time I think it's safe to go back in the water . Could somebody
please have a look?  I wrote a somewhat lengthy (and in need of editing)
intro that explains the controversy, but it has not been well-received
by M. Delson.  Thanks -- Jules