[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu May 22 17:06:59 UTC 2003

The Cunctator wrote:
> Finally, while Jimbo is a useful arbiter of policy decisions, it's not
> healthy to consider that decisions he makes about editing policy to be
> the Word of Wikipedia Written in Stone. He's not all-knowing or perfect,
> as I think he would agree.

*grumble*, *grumble*, yeah, I guess I have to agree.  :-)

There are things, though, that Have Been Decided.  They are never
beyond further discussion, of course.  And if I ever fall into
refusing to discuss some unpopular policy, or refusing to change it in
the face of major criticism, then I fully expect people to hold my
feet to the fire.

Having said that, should we discuss the deletion policy?

--Jimbo