[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon May 19 19:46:39 UTC 2003

Zoe wrote:

>Oh, and by the way, The Cunctator has unilaterally,
>without discussion, deleted "If the page contains no
>useful content (all gibberish for example) and no
>useful history, this step may be skipped." from the
>[[Wikipedia:Policy on permanent deletion of pages]]
>page.

It's TC's opinion[*] that his edit summary (which shows up on Recentchanges)
''is'' the (start of) discussion.  If you think that that's not good enough
(and I often think that TC edits policy pages too quickly myself),
then it's good to remember to review all of his edits to policy pages.
Such a habit could never hurt anyway!

[*] Or my understanding of his opinion, at least.  Please correct, Cunc.

-- Toby