[WikiEN-l] minimum stub length.

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 16:02:50 UTC 2003

I think we should institute a minimum length for all
new stub pages. There are many pages that are only one
sentence, but I don't know enough about the topic to
add more information. (the one I came across was
[[GDM]]). I think we should make a rule that all stubs
should be at least three sentences long. That way, we
won't have as many really short stubs around. We could
build this into the software that there must be three
periods (at least) in every entry. To go further, if
we really wanted to, we could say that if an entry has
no periods (a vandal probably made it) then instead of
giving an error message, it would just show the page
(once) as if it would look if it were saved but really
not save it. Most vandals (not trolls) just write one
simple phrase of babble on a non-existant page once,
and it is soon deleted, but we could automate this.
--LittleDan