[WikiEN-l] space beneath headings

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Wed May 14 15:10:07 UTC 2003

this issue has raised its head again on the manual of style page. And it
still bugs me that we're mixing up presentation with semantics.

recap: the curent situation is this:

== heading ==
Text: there will be little space between this and the heading

== heading ==

Text following a blank line. There will be a gap between this and the
heading

So a quick question:
1. under what circumstances do we *definitely* need space between a
heading an the following content?
and
2. under what circumstances do we *definitely NOT*?

The only one I can remember is that in tables (countries, elements,
etc), we want *no* space.

any others?
because if not, we can resolve this problem with CSS:
h1 , h2 etc { usual space }
table h1 , table h2 etc { no space }