[WikiEN-l] JohnQ / MaryMary - the clitoris guy

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Wed May 14 13:30:01 UTC 2003

At 12:54 AM 5/14/03 -0700, Christopher wrote:

>--- Daniel Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, I'm just uncomftorble with nudity in Wikipedia
> > in general, although drawings are okay.
>
>I too am not too keen on nudity.

Whereas I don't think it's a big deal. It's appropriate in certain
circumstances, like taking a shower, getting a massage (and that
is not a euphemism), or sleeping. It's inappropriate in certain
others, including a business meeting or going outside when it's
snowing.

>I feel that an encyclopedia ofour caliber can really positively
>impact the lives and education of younger people. By which I mean
>anyone who can read and click a mouse (I don't know how old that is,
>but my guess is around 4 years old)
>
>I would want to be able to send a 10 year old inquisitive mind to the
>W without any reservation.

So would I. I have no desire to drop anything that might be called
porn into the Wikipedia. But articles on anatomy--whether of the
knee or the vulva--benefit from illustrations.
--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org
http://www.redbird.org