[WikiEN-l] problems making changes & some trivia

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Tue May 13 13:18:11 UTC 2003

Brion wrote: "I've been hearing a number of complaints recently about
similar behavior (not properly reloading after saves, in particular).
This sounds related to client-side caching .....  There may be a
difference in how the cache control headers are sent due to a recent
PHP upgrade.

I'm quite sure that there is a difference Brion. It started about .. oh
... maybe it was three or four weeks ago? I cleared my browser caches,
tried four or five different browsers, then cleared my caching firewall
machine. It came right back as soon as the caches started to
refill.Same deal on the office network (which runs a completely
different OS and browsers but has the same sort of firewall). I am 100%
sure that it didn't act this way in the past.

But it's no big deal (IMO). It's not something I'd put at the very top
of my sleep-deprived to-do list if I was you.

-----------

Someone suggested a script: IF {USERNAME <> "Lir"} THEN {SET STATUS =
"admin"}

Hell no! Do you people know how many different usernames Lir has? Under
his various aliases, our friend Adam would constitute a clear majority
of us all by himself!

Mind you, it probably wouldn't do too much harm: you'd just get massive
edit wars with Susan Mason reverting Vera Cruz, and Dietary Fibre
shouting at Zxcvb, and all of them voting different ways. :)

Tony Wilson
(Tannin)