[WikiEN-l] Sysop nomination: Jtdirl

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 04:48:44 UTC 2003

Erik wrote:
>Since everybody is nominating new sysops, I'd like to
>nominate James Duffy (Jtdirl), who is one of the most
>dedicated Wikipedians around. He has made tremendous
>contributions to dozens of articles, and I'm sure he would use
>these privileges responsibly.

I second the nomination with a caveat; The reason he wasn't part of my short
list before is that I feared he might get burnt-out with the added sense of
responsibility (so if you feel this may be the case JT, then please don't
accept this nomination - losing you would be a great loss to the project).

He also reminds me a lot of myself a year ago when I was a bit of a hot head
(perhaps an understatement) and such a major Wikiholic that it was adversely
affecting my real life. But he, like me, seems to be improving.

And I always like to see in a person a desire to improve their interpersonal
demeanor. So even though JT blows a gasket or two a bit more often than the
average long-time user, I do see a trend towards improvement and I definitely
see a true desire in him to make Wikipedia the best reference source on the
Internet (all without the hint of a personal agenda).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)