[WikiEN-l] Introducing WikiMoney

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon May 12 18:24:00 UTC 2003

LittleDan-
>  I think most people wouldn't care enough to get a wikismile. Since it can't
> be used for anything outside of Wikipedia (well, *theoretically* it can) it
> is already worthless.

So you think everything done within Wikipedia is worthless?

Of course you don't. If you earn WikiWishes, you can use them to motivate
others to take on tasks which you yourself do not want to or cannot
complete. This may sound silly, but it only works if people believe in it
-- if they don't, nobody will be motivated to earn WikiWishes, which means
that they won't have new wishes to spend, and so forth.

I still think that the initial W$ amount is too high. If we had limited
the amount to 10-20, and explicitly declared W$ indivisible, people would
be much more motivated to earn it because they would feel "poor".  Right
now, everybody has their pockets full, and nobody thinks they need to make
more because they can make plenty of offers with 100 W$. In a way, we
already have WishInflation, even though we haven't really started using
them yet ..

Regards,

Erik