[WikiEN-l] You won't have 172 to kick around anymore

Abe Sokolov sokolov47 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 01:54:32 UTC 2003

Mav:

Your behavior is inappropriate, not mine. You’re interjecting yourself into this debate led by JTD, Tannin, and me on one side and Fred Bauder on another. You have faint understanding of what’s going on and why the three of us are opposing Fred’s attempt to POV the articles on China and Communist state with his shoddy material by the natures of the misrepresentations (euphemisms for far worse adjectives I could direct against your statements at the moment) that you are spewing on the mailing list.

If you are claiming that my opposition to Fred’s material is due to my own POV, you are grossly mistaken. I don’t give a damn whether Communism is presented favorably or not on this article or any article and do not have strong partisans feelings about the subject. I have done far more work than Fred Bauder on Wikipedia that could be perceived as anti-Communist by non-academic or non-analytic readers of history. Even if he were attempting to post my own material to that site borrowed from another article I’d join the opposition against those attempts.

If you think that I have a pro-Communist POV, do you think that JRT, Tannin, Tarquin, and Jimbo Wales are also rabid Communists trying to portray Communist history from a sympathetic point of view? They have also agreed that Fred’s additions were not NPOV and don’t belong in the article on Communist state. Why are you selectively directing these charges against me?

I don’t want to become a sysop because I have any personal and political agendas either. Once again, those charges are slanderous.

I am not going to make a singe edit to Wikipedia until Mav apologizes. I will not press the edit botton on any Wiki page until that happens. I don’t deserve this kind of treatment for volunteering my time to make sure that a couple of articles are professionally written, accurate, balanced, and follow proper academic standards.

User 172