[WikiEN-l] 172's sysop request (was "Communist state and rudeness")

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 22:55:19 UTC 2003

>THIS IS NOT AN ARTICLE ON THE POLITICAL AND
>ECONOMIC THEORY OF MARXISM-LENINISM. THIS IS
>AN ARTICLE ON THE CONSTITUTIONAL STATE
>STRUCTURE OF A COMMUNIST STATE!!!!!! READ
>THE ARCHIVED PAGES SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO
>REPEAT WHAT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED OVER AND
>OVER AGAIN.
>
>ALSO, SITE OWNER JIMBO WALES AGREES THAT FRED'S
>CONTENT DOESN'T BELONG IN THIS ARTICLE (SEE THE
>MAILING LIST), SO YOUR EFFORTS TO INSERT FRED'S
>(PERHAPS YOUR) POV COULD GET YOU BANNED. --172

I've been seriously biting my tongue until now in regards to 172's sysop
request, but this last message and many similar ones before it has compelled
me to /strongly/ oppose 172's Admin application.

A person who acts so badly and without backing off, apologizing or accepting
their own POV, is, IMO, very likely to abuse any power they may have over
others.

I also find it troubling that he seems to badly want these powers for some
reason (going as far as placing messages on Brion's and at least one other
person's talk page asking to be promoted by them) while at the same time
other people are still debating if he should be a sysop at all. For me, at
least, that has the appearance of being sneaky and trying to get what he
wants through a back door. I also don't recall seeing him do much, if any,
Wikipedia weeding or ever make requests to have things posted on the Main
Page.

This, and the fact that 172's message above is also a violation of
Wiki-Etiquette, makes me seriously question 172's motives on why he wants to
be a sysop.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)