[WikiEN-l] Various topics

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sat May 10 05:08:05 UTC 2003

I'm catching up after a busy couple of days. To save cluttering up the
list with a whole stack of little posts, in no particular order:

1: Various comments in several threads re shouting on talk pages and in
edit summaries, mostly to do with "Communist state"  (which is now, by
the way, in excellent shape - pending destructive reverts, of course)
by Mav and others. I agree. "Vandalisim" is not the appropriate term to
use here. In this connection, a  semi-apology from Fred. Thankyou Fred.
Apology accepted. (At least I am taking it as an apology, and on that
basis I'll say no more about the matter, just look forward to working
with you on other entries in the future).

2: sonyalebrun at hotmail.com: Hacker attack at Wikipedia. MyRedDice saved
his picture onto a public computer  & other wonderful related stuff.
Best laugh I've had in ages. Thankyou Jimbo for sharing that with us.

3: Various nominations for admin status: Kingturtle,  Someone Else, Abe
Sokolov, Minesweeper, Slrubenstein, Hephaestos, and several others as
well. I second (fifth, ninth? whatever) the nominations. There were one
or two names I didn't recognise (I probably work on different
specialties much of the time), but I trust the consensus here. Mav (and
others) wouldn't have suggested them if they were not good people. Did
anyone nominate Jimfbleak and Arpingstone yet? If not, we should. They
are both careful, hardworking contributors, with level heads and a
proven record of solid contribuions.

Tony Wilson
(Tannin)