[WikiEN-l] sysop nominations

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 22:12:31 UTC 2003

Sean Barrett wrote:
>A) Strawman argument; unworthy of you, mav.
>
>B) Who are these tin-plated tyrants that want
>to make the kids wait until they're eighteen?

And concentrating on the weakest part of my post and
ignoring the rest isn't also beating on a straw man?
;)

My point was that we shouldn't automatically give
people power over others automatically based on some
numerical scheme and that doing so would give
unwarranted power to people who are more apt to abuse
that power (such as Lir, Clutch or TMC). Admin
selection, IMO, should be filtered through at least
some human-controled process. But what I want is for
that process to work faster and for us not to dilly
dally around promoting obvious Admin choices.

That is all - pardon my exaggeration. I was just
trying to make a point.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)