[WikiEN-l] Re: sysop

koyaanis qatsi obchodnakorze at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 15:22:36 UTC 2003

Anthere writes:
> How do you plan exactly this semi-automatic
> sysop granting to remain "secret" (unknown)
> to the candidate provided that it has to be
> backed-up by two sysops, and not to rejected
> by other sysops ? (hence to be public somehow)
>
> Hum...is there another list hidden somewhere
> just for sysop I am not aware of ? Or is it
> that being non sysop, I should not be reading
> this list ?

No, there's not another list, and yes, you should be
reading this list (unless you find it boring).  This
list is *not* only for sysops.

About the secret nominations: mav has a lot of good
ideas, so it's fine if he has the occasional bad one,
and this one is a bad one.

What happened to the idea of making people sysop
automatically after a certain number of edits or a
certain length of time?  Yes, it might have made Lir a
sysop, but there are vastly more good contributors
than there are bad.  Also, the threat of making Lir a
sysop just points out that deleting a page is
relatively easy, while undeleting a page is relatively
tedious.

kq

wikikarma: is it too late to cash in on [[Six O'Clock News]]?