[WikiEN-l] sysop nominations

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 08:05:40 UTC 2003

Yikes! I forgot other people who should be sysoped; user:Someone_else and
user:Mkweise.

IMO the old way of promoting should be expanded to include nominations by
current Admins. And all nominations should be accepted with a single
"seconded" by another Admin unless there is somebody (Admin or not) on the
list that disagrees. <evil>If and when there is disagreement we can just drop
the nomination and not even tell the person that they were nominated.</evil>

We can continue to yell and scream whenever a controversial user asks to be an
Admin (like we are now) but uncontroversial users who tend to almost always
work nicely with others and follow NPOV (like the ones I listed, IMO) should
be promoted semi-automatically via nominations by current Admins.

But we should tell them /right after/ their accounts are upgraded just so they
don't freak-out and think that a developer goofed and made all users Admins.

CRY HAVOC!

Sorry, I'm feeling particularly Evil (TM) tonight.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)