[WikiEN-l] Transliteration

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Thu May 8 00:21:46 UTC 2003

Hi

I've recently begun working on some articles about past prime ministers of
Iraq, to put a little historical perspective into the conflict. The problem I
have come across is that the names are transliterated in countless different
names in the texts I have and, as a result, in existing articles in
Wikipedia. It can get very confusing, especially with links.

Is there anyone else here with some background in Arabic, so that we can
develop some kind of standard transliteration system?

Shukran

Danny