[WikiEN-l] administrator's status

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 15:38:22 UTC 2003

* sigh * Is there no end to Fred's inability to grasp facts? For the VERY
LAST TIME, the page in question was merely concerned with a political
science definition of the the term [[Communist state]], in terms of the link
between constitutional system and party in the process of governance. IT WAS
NOT ABOUT COMMUNISM. Everyone on wiki could grasp that. The entire planet
could grasp it. Fred still cannot. The stuff he wanted in was as irrelevant
to a mere 'definition' as putting details on Bill Clinton and interns would
be in a page on the definition 'Federal Republic'. Detailed discussion of
what happens IN a communist state, or IN a federal republic, belongs in a
page on  history and politics IN those states or systems, not on formal
definitions.

Fred's problem with 172, Tannin, myself and others is that we would not
allow him in effect to vandalise an article by putting in 100% irrelevant
stuff when it belonged elsewhere, and when all the wiki users on the talk
page were screaming almost in unison 'not here. Put it somewhere else'. (His
reponse was to keep plonking the badly written POV addition onto the wrong
page nearly 20 times, until people threatened to call for his banning, when
he finally stopped his bizarre behaviour, to everyone's relief.) As to the
other stuff, most of it was OTT POV. Those bits that weren't were being put
in the wrong parts of articles, and yet again no matter how many wikians
collectively screamed at Fred 'not there. Put it in a different paragraph'
he ignored them.

172 may indeed hold rather stronger left wing views than most people. But he
is also a professional historian who tries to apply academic standards to
what he works on, including such basic requirements as accuracy, relevance,
proper location and definition. On the basis of his behaviour in the last
few weeks, Fred doesn't know the meaning of the words let alone how to apply
them. Now issue closed. I am backing 172 to become an admin.

BTW Fred, you still haven't apologied for libeling people who disagree with
you by calling them the equivalent of Holocaust deniers. And if you are
going to use terms like 'Historical revision', try to understand what it
actually means.

JT