[WikiEN-l] administrator's status

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 04:58:14 UTC 2003

>Basically (except for Mav) this is the same tag team (Tannin and
>User:Jtdirl|ÉÍREman) who supported 172 in his efforts to protray Communist
>history from a sympathetic point of view. 172 is the one who deleted the
>reference to Tiananmen Square from the China article. All three then
>engaged
>in a protracted edit war to prevent a link to [[authoritarianism and
>totalitarianism]] from the China article by creating a sanitized article on
>the [[communist state]] which they strongly defended.

No. There was practically universal agreement that your additions were POV
in the extreme. On [[Communist state]] people were queuing up to revert
Fred's inarticulate, mindless POVing of an article. One person described
what was attempted to be added to the page as 'unbalanced'. Who? Fred
HIMSELF! He described his own attempted additions with that word.

Because he had been prevented from adding in his propaganda on other pages,
he sought to do it on [[Communist state]]. Just about everyone (bar of
course that week's troll visitation from the Adam stable) thought Fred's
behaviour on that page outrageous, where major changes were slipped in
marked as minor changes, or at odd hours when no-one might notice. It took
days and days and days of reversion after reversion after reversion by user
after user after user to stop Fred in his determination to turn the article
(which wasn't even on the topic that he and he alone on the planet seemed to
think it was on) into a bit of commie bashing.

>If you will look at the history of [[China]] and [[communist state]] you
>will see that their efforts at editing consist of endless reverts to their
>own point of view and minimal discussion of the issues at hand.

No. People told you over and over and over and over and over and over again
that (a) your additions were blatently unbalanced, a word you yourself used
to describe them, and (b) on [[Communist state]] people were queuing up to
tell you that even if what you were writing was balanced (and it miles from
that) it was the wrong page for that info. But you would not listen to
anyone, even Mav who suggesting pages where the stuff you wanted to add in,
if NPOVed, could be put. In the end it took nearly 20 reversions of your
blatently OTT POV nonsense by a host of people to get you to stop. And if
you hadn't stopped then, there was a queue of other users waiting to join in
and revert as often as necessary. Hardly anyone was supporting you. Everyone
was been driven mad by your fanatical determination to add in POV material
into the wrong article and to ignore everyone else, what they said, the
contents of the talk page, the constant reversions.

>Their activity is no different from those who think they can deny the
>holocaust.

How dare you make such an accusation? Your behaviour on those pages was a
disgrace and an insult to everyone on wiki who tries however unsuccessfully
on occasion, to produce NPOV stuff, not propaganda.  To compound it all you
have the balls to make the above statement. You owe me and everyone else you
libeled a public apology.

JT