[WikiEN-l] administrator's status

Abe Sokolov sokolov47 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 23:58:57 UTC 2003

I do have support for becoming an admin. I’d like to refer to the below comments posted on my talk page at http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:172

: BTW, to become an admin, you need to send an email to the mailing list. (Sing out if you don't know how to do this.) You were ''persona non-grata'' there in the early days. Indeed, the reason I originally signed up for the list was to (a) speak in your defence, and (b) make a plea to ban Vera bloody Cruz. (And I firmly believe that time has proved me 100% right on both counts!) But that was quite some time ago, and I'm sure your stocks have risen considerably since then. I'll certainly speak up for you: your contribution to the history sections here has been outstanding. [[User:Tannin|Tannin]]

Thanks. I have been having major technical problems here. And it has been difficult getting on to wiki. I wrote something on a talk page at 3.30pm today but could only get onto wiki to put it on at 10pm tonight! I got a new digital camera so I spent a couple of days walking around Dublin talking pictures for wiki articles. (See [[Irish Houses of Parliament]]) God what so of wikiholic am I!!! I see the latest of Adam's trolls have disappeared. I think our 'no holes barred' attitude is working. Once he is rumbled, he knows the game is up and we will tolerate no messing! Anyway, thanks for the message. BTW you have my full support in joining admin. [[User:Jtdirl|ÉÍREman]] 21:57 May 3, 2003 (UTC)

-----

We've had our differences and I still think you are not able to see your own POV sometimes (especially by selective presentation) but I will not oppose your application for Adminship (however I won't support it either). If Fred can be an Admin I guess you can too. --[[User:Maveric149|mav]]

You have my support too. [[User:Danny|Danny]]

Fred Bauder’s charges pertaining to bias are also baseless. To get an idea see the debate on the talk pages of Communist state and China.