[WikiEN-l] "Moses ben Nachman" and NPOV

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue May 6 14:58:00 UTC 2003

Please take a look at:

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/
wiki.phtml?title=Joseph_McCarthy&diff=895253&oldid=894480

(the URL may need to be pasted together). This edit, marked as *minor*, is
the work of one "Moses ben Nachman", a Wikipedia user with a very brief
edit history who just announced on his talk page that, "after several
months, I have decided to give this internet project another chance."

I strongly suspect that "Moses" is really the banned user Clutch. The
above edit is exactly his style (like changing "heavy drinking" to "social
drinking"), and even includes a link to a text on Clutch's homepage ("How
the Marxists destroyed Joe McCarthy"), reactor-core.org. Moreover, if you
check his user page, you will find that he was immediately welcomed by
Clutch -- and then complained about RK, as Clutch also did. In the
McCarthy edit, he removed large slabs of text without explanation.

I'm not involved in the McCarthy article, but I suggest people keep an eye
on it, and on "Moses'" other edits. Yes, the McCarthy article was slightly
POV before the edits, but I doubt that it will be possible to make it NPOV
with the "help" of someone like "Moses".

Regards,

Erik