[WikiEN-l] European preference for film over movie

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 6 03:03:37 UTC 2003

In a message dated 5/5/2003 6:53:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jtdirl at hotmail.com writes:

<snip>

It used to be said in Europe
that 'Americans don't ''do'' irony'. Seeing the failure to grasp the fact
that what I was saying was sarsasm, I guess that statement seems true after
all. No offence was intended. Obviously we should put different concept of
'sense of humour' and 'irony' on a list of American and European differences
on a wiki list! Wikilove.
JT.

What kind of Americans are you talking about, the kind that come from
Canada,
or the Americans that come from those ''other'' places in the Americas?