[WikiEN-l] Zog is back as Anti-Zog: a compromise to Jimbo's suggestion

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Fri May 2 11:45:56 UTC 2003

In a message dated 5/2/2003 6:36:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jwales at bomis.com writes:

> I think we need to revisit having the ability for sysops to ban logged
> in users.  Maybe the wiki way of doing this is to put the ability into
> the software, but all sysops must agree to use it *only* to ban
> *certain* variants on a known banned troll.

As much as I would like to see Zog banned, this could potentially lead to
horrible flame wars. Maybe a compromise would be to give sysops the ability
to ban a logged in user for a set period of time, say 12 hours, until a
decision can be reached and a developer can put a longer term ban in place.

Just a suggestion.

Danny