[WikiEN-l] City names argument resurrected

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon Mar 31 04:57:26 UTC 2003

Tim Starling wrote:

>Are there any objections to my setting a new standard for Australian city
>and town names, favouring simple names such as [[Canberra]]?

I thought that just this was already agreed upon in unambiguous cases --
no special naming conventions except in the USA and Canada.
The disagreement still festering on the talk page (and its archives)
is over commas vs parentheses, yes?

And mav has come over the light side of the force ^_^ on that matter,
I'm happy to see, so perhaps we could take it up again at
[[Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (city names)]]?

-- Toby