[WikiEN-l] LittleDan's question

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Wed Mar 19 22:50:30 UTC 2003

> He just did ask. C'mon, Steve, be nice to the kid, and answer his
question.
Ok, Ed... but you really mean YOUR question dont you? Lets get that
straight...
Daniel, the term anti-Semite, to me is the same as calling someone a
racist... I said I was in good company with Chomsky, Avnery, and Jesus.. All
three are or were Jews... Now aside from this being self-flattering... I
consider it an honor to be condemned as an 'anti-Semite', if it means I am
in their good company. :)

(This is all completely off the subject of the AKFD article by the way - I
feel like im teaching reason and semantic logic to Adult-ed students here...
But this goes to show how sucessful some people are at shifting the debate,
by calling someone a "racist.")

But, Dan, its not right to call someone a *racist, if they are not a
*racist, now is it? Add to this the fact that Jews these days call other
Jews anti-Jewish? (anti-Semite)Does this make sense? Can a Black man say :
"This man is racist against black people"  if the person hes talking about
is Black too? What if this is done over and over again.. like the story of
"The Boy Who Cried Wolf"... The name "anti-Semite is thrown around an awful
lot these days, and at Jews as well!  What does it mean then to be called an
anti-Semite? It means nothing... Its slander. Propaganda of insults. Thats
all. In fact, if you read some more about it, then you can see that the term
"anti-Semite" and its use to smear people has a substantial history - and it
has little or nothing to do with disliking Jews. I know youre only 13 Dan...
theres a lot to absorb, but one thing you can get from all this is how
childish adults can be, and for Vicki to call my remarks anti-Semitic is a
cheap shot and slanderous... for you to repeat her remarks Dan, is simply
confusion... and quite forgivable. Theres a lot of tricky business to sort
out. Read this page out of Chomsky's 'Necessary Illusions' on all the
disingenuous name-calling:  http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/ni/ni-c10-s20.html