[WikiEN-l] Annual or semi-annual conference

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Mar 19 17:27:01 UTC 2003

If we hold the conference in New York City, I can arrange
space at the New Yorker Hotel, which one block away from
Penn Station. If you're coming by train, Penn Station is
probably more convenient than Grand Central.

Depending on the number of people, I can get a banquet
room (holds up to 200 people) or just a friend's
conference room (up to 20 people). Either way, there
will be plenty of Internet bandwidth to go around!

Let's make it happen, people!

Uncle Ed

Jimbo wrote:

<< I am fond of the idea of an annual or semi-annual conference, held at
different places around the world (for convenience for different
people) to promote wikipedia _community_.

[snip]

Summer/Fall, 2003, East coast of US
Winter/Spring, 2004, West coast of US (Vegas, baby!)
Summer/Fall, 2004, Europe
Winter/Spring, 2004, Asia/Australia >>