[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l digest, Vol 1 #212 - 14 msgs

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Tue Mar 18 00:05:21 UTC 2003

Brion Vibber

>I've temporarily disabled the wiki's internal search engine on the
>English Wikipedia; searches are directed to google with a site-specific
>match.

If the search feature is slowing down the site, I think using Google
would be a satisfactory permanent alternative. We've been using it
for years at the PR Watch web site, with no complaints.

Google opened their APIs up for public use awhile ago. I haven't
looked at them, but perhaps there's some way it could be used to lash
together a search feature that would simultaneously search several
Wikis all at once.
--