[WikiEN-l] automatic sysopping

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Fri Mar 7 20:20:29 UTC 2003

Edward III (aka "the Poor") penned: "Half of these crybabies complain that
they don't have enough power, and the other half are too unconfident to
trust themselves."

Fine, Ed I'll do it. I  wasnt going to anytime soon... but Vicki helped me
make up my mind. Funny how that works out..  Its not a lack confidence...
Its the expectation of responsibility balanced with other things... but I've
seen sysops on the list who only chime in from time to time... so... OK!

I ''totally'' agree with the demystification, and politicization... but I
dont think that Joe Anon should just show up, do some stuff for a couple of
weeks... I guess I'd be afraid of the potential harm...But I dont know what
limits those are, should there be any. I guess Im also curious about SSL and
sysopdom, and the such... If someone really wanted to 'fork' the wikipedia
they could get access pretty easily couldnt they? -Stevertigo.