[WikiEN-l] Re: The Style Oppressors

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Mon Mar 3 13:58:17 UTC 2003

Mav said:

> you should calm down and realize that what is being proposed would be no
> more mandatory than what we have now. I've already explained this on the talk page.

Put it in the ACTUAL PROPOSAL and I'll start to take it seriously.

When it's simply the unsupported comment of one contributor in an
obscure talk page (even a particularly prominent and well-respected
one), it means nothing. If that is really the intention of the MoS,
then it must say so unambiguously. My characterisation of the obsessive
urge to micro-manage things which could perfectly well be left alone as
being something "the Style Nazis" would do is an accurate one. If the
cap fits ...