[WikiEN-l] DW banned - was: DW's new threat

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Jan 30 15:54:20 UTC 2003

As requested, I have enforced the "ban" on DW's username.

Banning someone by username can be done through the Wikipedia web interface only by a user with "developer" rights -- currently, there are 4 of us:
* Brion Vibber
* Lee Daniel Crocker (LDC)
* Magnus Manske
* Ed Poor

Just execute a "change query" to change the exiled user's "password" field (which is actually encrypted) to something in clear text, e.g., "banned for 2 weeks per so-and-so" -- which effectively prevents the user from logging in.

Ed Poor