[WikiEN-l] Ban those who send, and justify, death threats

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Jan 28 15:37:23 UTC 2003

Well, I'm not going to ban Jonathan for this, obviously.

In private email it has become clear to me that he didn't really grasp
what this was all about.  He didn't know the whole history of 24, and
so it took it to be more of a joke or idle remark than anything else.

Even if it *were* a joke or idle remark, I wouldn't tolerate implied
death threats for a second.  But I can certainly see how reasonable
people might differ on juding borderline cases.  This one is not
borderline, though.

--Jimbo