[WikiEN-l] 142.177.xxx.xxx (aka 24) is at it again

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Jan 28 11:24:58 UTC 2003

Jonathan Walther wrote:
> >Can we ban all this users IPs and perhaps call the
> >cops?
>
> That is an extreme, and unwarranted reaction.

I disagree.  Threats of murder are absolutely impermissible and do, in
fact, warrant police action.

What we're engaged in here, writing an encyclopedia, is a simple and
kind hobby, a gift to the world, put forward with genuine concern for
the well-being of all humanity.  There's absolutely nothing about what
we are doing that should expose any of us to threats of harm.  The
very idea is ludicrous.

--Jimbo