[WikiEN-l] Distasteful names - CrucifiedChrist

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 05:58:21 UTC 2003

Hi folks,

I know we have a problem sometimes with badly chosen names (to put it
mildly!). One I have heard some comment about is CRUCIFIEDCHRIST which I
agree is in very bad taste, as it appears to mock the beliefs of many Wiki
users. (Either that or it is someone with a Woodrow Wilson-style Christ
complex!) It would be as unacceptable as if someone called themeselves
BUSHWARMONGER, LAPDOG BLAIR or BELSEN. It is provocative, offensive to many
and should be removed. Is there some procedure by which those in unsuitable
names are asked to change them? I haven't seen CUMGUZZLER for a while. Maybe
he has renamed, reformed or is living up to his name and so otherwise
distracted. (Was it a he? I never checked!)

JT