[WikiEN-l] DW deliberately 'vandalising' an article

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 05:36:23 UTC 2003

It may just be a once off, but it is worth keeping an eye out for. One of
DW's many arguments with Zoe rested her (correct) decision to put in a
country of orgin next to a person's details. He screamed blue murder and
obscenities about this. At 5.06am GMT (Monday, Jan 27) DW 'doctored' an
article on George Washington to add in the word ''British'' to describe the
first US president, with a note that said

                      ''inserting nationality as per rules asserted
repeatedly by Zoe . . . DW''

Hopefully it is a rather childish once off bit of vandalism, but it is worth
keeping an eye out just in case. Being rude, obnoxious and offensive is one
thing (apparently I'm now a 'phoney', so he has obviously reached P in his
dictionary!) but deliberately tampering with articles out of spite is a more
serious matter. If that is his standard of behaviour, does Wiki really need
DW? Has the time come for a ban, even a short one, to bring him to his
senses.

JT